Sunday, January 25, 2009

Top excuses to use to avoid alcohol from friends

1. I'm on medication.

Alcohol can't be mixed with antibiotics otherwise it's going to mess up the whole medication thing that you're having. It's quite a known fact and it's a helpful excuse. Make a cough for that realistic illness.

2. I'm donating blood tomorrow morning.

Another known fact that drinkers know about. It takes 24 hours of no alcohol before you get to donate blood. Blood donation is always a big thing with dengue fever outbreaks. This excuse would sound realistic on its own.

3. I'm on a personal quest to not drink for a span of time (just like what this blog is supposed to be about)

Like I said, if you know me, you'd be surprised how many people are just amused over what I have for a New Year's Resolution - the one year without alcohol. And so, instead of inviting you for a drink, they'll be happy for you and your "dream". Of course, expect some laughs behind your back once you've left the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment